The old Christian Church of Virgin Mary in Episkopi and its main Shrine are dated back to the 12th century b.C. It is an oblong building constructed above another old Temple.
Some of the preserved church remainings are the main temple, the splint and the around precinct. These elements were manufactured successively, as we conclude from their different masonry, but also by other technical indications.
The main temple consists of an oblong building which also have the Shrine inside. The Shrine was divided into three communicating apartments. The excavation of the church was done by Orlandos.
From testimonials we know that Episkopi as a church existed since the 9th century b.C. There are the remainings of an inscribed column (cion) and some ancient greek and Byzantine relics.
At Villa Dolphins, apart from the personal care of your needs and the creation of a warm atmosphere, we also deal with the constant improvement of the services we offer to our guests. We try to combine the best possible accommodation with your enjoyment and outdoors activities for a more "dynamic" holiday.
* Βoat trips around the island so that you can see all the hidden beauty and swimm in small beaches with no access from the road
* Horse riding in the picturesque mountains of Poros island, amongst the nature and the trekking paths.
* Fishing by a traditional fishing boat and a profesional with you to the rich fishing grounds around the rocky shores of the Poros island.
* Bicycling around the island or across on the mainland to visit beautiful places such as the Monastery, Neorio, the Lover's bay, the Russian Shipyard and even the min town of Poros island.
* Day trips to the other islands of the Argosaronic such as Hydra island, Spetses island, Aegina island, Agistri island
* Day trips by rented car or mini bus (with or without a driver) to archeological sites on the mainland such as Ancient Epidaurus, Ancient Corinth, Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Troizina or the Covered Tombs of Magoula etc.
Poros is the island of peace, romance and jauntiness. It is overgrown with pine trees which reach the rugged shores or the sandy beaches. The residents of Poros are like all islands, spontaneous, decent and hospitable.